Tuesday, February 1, 2011

Design Wall Monday (a day late)

 

I woke up feeling sick yesterday so here we are a little late.  Not a lot on my wall but I’m liking this “no deadline” project.  I’m not sure who this is for, perhaps one to finally keep, though all that white with the pets might be a bad thing…

Please excuse my ugly curtains, aka my design wall.  It keeps them conveniently in sight anyway.  These take a crazy amount of time, each 4 block square is a good hour or more of pressing & sewing.

100_0168  100_0169

I started this last night, a puff quilt for my friend’s brother’s newest granddaughter-to-be.  Did you get that?  LOL, said friend’s brother and his wife took care of my best bud for several weeks around Christmas while he was laid up with the broken leg & bad back.  Their daughter is a really good kid (ok, young woman) and when I heard she’s having baby girl I had to start something pink.  From the stash, lots of white satin & a pretty pink brocade I had just 8 squares left of.  Not much yet (started sewing at 9pm last night) but I’m hoping with today’s ice & snow I can finish it in a day or two despite the slippery fabrics.

100_0170

I have the squares cut for my UFO Challenge (that was due yesterday) but have yet to sew any together…I’m not real thrilled with the project, we’ll see if I can get that going today too…

No comments: