Wednesday, June 22, 2011

WIP Wednesday

It’s been ages since I did any quilting, figured I’d better get past my funk this morning & just do it.  I’ve seen some cute charm quilts lately in blogland and wanted to try one myself.  Found the template for this “spool” quilt in an old thrift store pattern book full of traditional blocks & thought it might make a cute kids i-spy.  After 2 hrs of back pain at the machine here’s what I’ve got so far (and lookie, all that work shampooing carpets & I can finally snap a pic on my “design floor” again).  If you’ve been around my blog before you’ll recognize the fabrics, I’m still going through my scrap basket.

100_0662

 

These are 4 1/4” spools so it’s going to take lots of scraps even for a baby quilt.  I forgot how tedious sewing curves can be…but I only had to rip & resew the first pair.  Broke 2 pins though, lol.  Thanks for stopping by!

6 comments:

M-R Charbonneau said...

Wow, you got a lot done in two hours! Very nice colour choices. It's going to be beautiful! I'm still not brave enough to try machine curves. I love that spool pattern though so I may just give it a go.

Amy said...

Very nice!! I am sorry to hear about the back pain.. you need a friend with a GO Cutter!!! I am afraid of trying curves so KUDOS to YOU.

Jessica Kelly said...

Very nice! Curves can be a pain, but totally worth it. Great job!

Marsha Cooper said...

It looks so pretty. I think the curves would be really hard to work with.

Shanna said...

I have always wanted to try that pattern! It is looking really nice :o) Perfect for scraps!

Allison said...

I've always liked this pattern, and your version is coming along so nicely. The Flamingo and Monkey fabrics are so cute :)