Thursday, June 30, 2011

Catching up

Our garden is doing really well this year!  I took a ton of pics but I’ll just share a few…

 

100_0672

 

This is the largest one on my 3 Amish Paste tomatoes (J already picked 3 or 4 from his Early Girl).

 

100_0673

 

These are some very late heirloom Cherokee Purples.  I wasn’t sure if my seed was still any good…well, most were but I was late to start them, playing catch up with buckets.  I have 3 different varieties in buckets & some others still in peat pots I’ll put somewhere.

 

100_0674

 

Itty bitty cucumber!  I can’t wait to make more pickles.

 

100_0671

 

“Mom, mom, mom! What’s that?!” (He goes nuts when someone walks/rides by, I was testing the camera settings, I was WAY across the yard, it came out pretty good.)

 

100_0676

 

“OK, I’m bored…come play with me.”

 

100_0678

 

First daylily bloomed

 

100_0687

 

J’s cucumbers are spreading all over the place, not just up their fence.  Like my bird-scaring solution?

 

100_0690

 

We had our first stuffed peppers of the season on Sunday, yum!  The plants are still fairly small but they’re loaded.

 

100_0696

 

The hydrangea is such a vibrant blue.

 

100_0697

 

And I’ve been quiet (and not sewing) because I’m doing a ton of this:

 

100_0707

 

It’s nothing fancy (and totally filthy, got pic before I washed it) but it gets me around for now.  It’s not a true mtn bike but a hybrid/crossover, I could use some knobby tires and a softer seat but I’m holding out for Black Friday sales to upgrade.  I rode 18 miles Tues & 39 on Wed on the local bike trails.  Hoping for another 20 today, we’ll see, I’m actually going into the sewing room right now to make a custom frame bag to carry my tools & gear.  Will share a pic if it works out.  Hope you’re all having a nice last day of June!

No comments: