Monday, March 1, 2010

Too busy to post

I figured I better play catch-up on my recent sewing. None of the tops are finished, I'm really ADD lately. Here's a surprise gift quilt for a friend, he's a disabled vet going through some rough times right now, I thought it might brighten his day. For the back I have some signature blocks from some of this other friends that I'm hand embroidering. Hope to finish this soon. The pattern came from a baby quilt in a magazine, I made 4x the number of squares it called for, it's a nice "curl up in the recliner" size.

















Next is a another surprise gift quilt, I shuffled the normal bargello layout to accomodate 2 different white on white prints & a box of 2 1/2" coordinates.

















If any of my kids are reading, ssshhhh, this is a secret. An assortment of the finished blocks for my youngest daughter. I just need to get some sashing & borders together & it'll be done. I hand dyed all of the white on white prints (what a job that was, about 10 yds of FQ's).

















This is one of 3 shirts I made from a pattern I drafted from a ($1!) thrifted store-bought shirt. I adore it but sadly boyfriend won't let me wear it unless I make it a tad less form-fitting & figure out what to wear under it (the fabric's a little sheer). I think it's awesome but...LOL :D

























There's more but blogger's messing with me. I'll try again later :)

No comments: