Friday, October 22, 2010

Hmmm

I've been sick for 2 or 3 wks, I've lost count. After one day prostrate on the couch I've been up & around but there've been so many sleepless nights I'm not sure what day it is. I've been busy sewing this week but no pics as I cleaned my desk and I can't find anything, including the camera. My "2nd job" that I mentioned is an opportunity with a startup company, courtesy of a contact at my last paying gig. I'm their only seamstress & I went from knocking out a few very simple items for their website to designing & sewing samples for some new products. I love it, it's interesting work, lots of math & puzzles, not the brain-is-mush thing that goes with factory sewing. I suggested yet another product I've tried to find that just isn't available that they're working on producing and a whole other group to market their products to. I have my fingers crossed that this might develop into my running a production group instead of being one of the drones, I got in at the right time :) If I can just get my stupid serger working right I'll be golden, I thought I had it last night but I had too many distractions & blew it up again. I need to get my butt in gear for holiday sewing, I have 2 quilts (of 3) in progress but not far enough, a charity quilt I'm well into but behind on, 2 baby quilts to plan & sew in the near future & who knows what else. I finished my latest pair of socks (2 at once on one circular needle), started another pair that are crawling along, but I also have a hat for a friend almost done I need to suck it up and finish before it's truly cold out. The house is a mess & must be cleaned before I go anywhere so I better get moving! (this post is all about me trying to hold myself accountable to projects in progress, lol)

No comments: