Wednesday, April 27, 2011

WIP Wednesday

 

After some extensive housework today (blah!) I got my top finished.  It’s umm, crazy, but should definitely brighten up the bedroom.

100_0419

‘Scuse the floor shot, dog bone, etc…Floor was just mopped so I figured what the heck.

100_0420

Closeup, I did some sloppy raw edge applique (fusible) so it’ll curl & fray after a wash.  The quilting will be the showcase but it’ll have to wait, I’m out of batting except ridiculously small scraps & this is a big quilt.  I have some turquoise and white ric rac, throwing around the idea of adding stems to the “flowers” but I’m not really a ric rac gal, probably won’t bother…Thanks for looking, I’m linking up with WIP Wed today.

4 comments:

Bree said...

I love the colors on this! Orange is my absolute favorite, especially when paired with blue or teal. Love it!

Amy said...

I love the colors! and the applique really looks nice.

Katie B said...

I love the color combo here!

Lee said...

It's crazy cool! : ) Great job. Thanks for linking up to WIP Wednesday.