Friday, April 29, 2011

Busy Morning!

 

Finally Friday!!!  I knocked out some projects this morning.  First up, I sewed & clipped this yesterday and bound & washed it this morning.  My first stab at chenille and I LOVE it!  I started cutting it with scissors but my hand was screaming in agony.  The seam ripper was way easier!

100_0424

Above, before washing.  Below, after washing, it measures 34x44.”  I’ve had that paw print flannel forever, the other layers are regular cotton in orange, white and a blue print hidden in there so both sides do kind of match, bound in navy.  It’s really soft & cuddly now, I’ve got to make some more.  Inspired by this nice lady’s blog post.

100_0425

And you’ve seen this one before…I started hand quilting it but had pucker issues so I ripped it all out this morning & used my machine.  Walking foot straight stitch around the inside of each 4-patch, machine tied in the middle of 4’s, stipple/loop FMQ in sashing, raw edge applique around flowers.

100_0427

Please excuse the “draped over my cutting table” photo…other surfaces were busy.  Still needs binding but I’d had enough by then!

100_0428

I took the dog for a ride in the car (ROFL, always an interesting trip), ran to Home Depot & planted 6 trays of seeds for the garden too.  I think it’s officially time for my weekend to begin!  Have a good one everyone!

1 comment:

Kristina said...

Hi! I can't believe you made a chenille quilt in one day!! You are so fast. And I totally understand about your hand hurting :) Thanks for sharing with me!