Friday, March 25, 2011

A Near-finish

 

I’ve been super busy with work this week but before the sun came up this morning I got this finished except the binding (debating colors).

100_0373

It’s sort of a quilt-as-you-go (QAYG), I quilted the top squares with batting but then sewed them all together & added the backing, quilting a double line down each of the 4 big seams.  I should have waited until I bought a walking foot, my lines are a little crooked but no one will notice after it’s washed.  I don’t care for the usual QAYG method that looks like window sashing when it’s done, the construction is so obvious.

100_0376

I think the pink is my favorite circle.  Many memories in this quilt of clothes, quilts & bags I made for my girls.

100_0378

Super easy way to make a quilt!  It measures 36” square.  I can’t take credit for the design, I saw one on flickr somewhere and had to try a circle ticker tape, though the white & green center is all mine, I didn’t want to use brown scraps.

100_0379

It’s backed with a silky minky type fabric remnant, my only cost for the quilt, $5.  Had great fun with it and I’m going to make a few more with different colored center blocks.  I didn’t even make a dent in my scraps.

No comments: