Friday, December 3, 2010

Another finish




This project started so well...and then I hit the borders & it went downhill fast. They came out a little rippled because the body was so stretchy in all directions (and that border of tiny squares didn't help, all cut from scraps so the bias was nuts). After much pressing the borders are better (really, it's better in real life, lol) & after a wash & dry it should be fine. The binding is just the back folded to the front but I was short on about half of one edge & had to add fabric back on to have enough to flip. Ugh! Thank goodness it was a good print that you have to really look for it to see where I improvised. I quilted it on my regular machine, around some of the pinwheels & the borders, not stitch-in-the-ditch there, just a rough 1/4" from them. I left the wider outer border with no quilting, it's within the allowance for the batting, quilting is just going to make the ripple worse. It's a little smaller than I'd hoped for (46x60, pictured on full size bed) but I guess it's a decent couch/throw size. It'll have to do, I'm off to deliver it this morning & I hope it makes some money for the fire dept.

No comments: