Thursday, December 30, 2010

Another set of gifts done

 

I’m spending Christmas with my kids next weekend so I have a little more time to finish the gifts.  Just put the last stitches in these for 2 of mine & 3 of their new siblings.  I hope they like them, I can’t believe how much time they took, just the embroidery & applique alone took most of a day.

DSCN1199

They’re for 6 & 9 yr olds, I was originally thinking “library bags” but they do a lot of traveling & they’re the perfect size for stowing a few books, a gameboy, phone, coloring books, etc for road trips.  And with such original names I know they rarely see anything personalized just for them.  The lining fabric is also specific to each child and I used up a ton of denim yardage & scraps from turning jeans into shorts.

No comments: