I was given the chance to test a pattern for a new designer yesterday. Oh my gosh, what fun! I knocked this out in about 8 hrs of intense sewing (missed the whole Superbowl in fact!). It’s been a while since I did applique.
I snapped some pics as I went along, trying new & old methods. I didn’t have some of the materials I needed on hand but I couldn’t wait for a shopping trip to get started.
The pieces were so tiny!
I did a simple raw edge applique, the fairy is stitched in gray thread so she really stands out nicely on the white backing, the rest is quilted in white. It was supposed to have some nice sashing but I had a mis-cut and didn’t have enough fabric to fix my mistake. I also took creative license with the on-point layout and the wings (which are a white sheer I had handy to make a curtain, lol).
This lovely pattern called “Fairy Dreaming” was designed by Jennifer Burns-Dyson and should be available soon. It was a real pleasure and I thank her for choosing me! Can’t wait to do another!