AKA, I haven’t had internet access in 4 days, argh!! I’m going batty but I did get a lot of sewing done.
First up, I finished piecing this top. No wonder I never do traditional quilts, it gave me fits due to non-exact cutting of the squares. This used every tiny scrap of my 2 Central Park charm packs. I haven’t decided what to back it with yet, might have to spring for a yard of one of the prints (if I can get to a real quilt store to buy it). Excuse ugly curtains & some freshly dyed fabric drying there behind it, we played with snow dyeing last week.
Next up, I finally finished this little mini.
I quilted around some of the veins in the background fabric too. This is Jennifer’s Fairy Dreaming applique pattern again. Once again I skipped the borders & did my own thing, adding the sun & moon. It measures about 12x12”.
Next, I finished the little square I submitted in the QuiltStory contest last month. Raw edge appliqued around Fishy, SID for the rest. It measures 10x12”.
And I machine quilted another of the Heather Ross fish quilt tops I had laying around for several years. It still needs binding but I’m kind of sick of fish quilts so it’ll sit a while longer. I didn’t do a great job quilting and it’s heavy (even though it only has flannel for batting). Nice warm quilt though, good FMQ practice, used up recycled denim. Measures about 45” square.
Editing to add the last one, this was a practice silk screen run I did last summer. I saw a similar design on someone’s blog (I think) and added some elements from some fabric I had, hand drawing my own interpretation onto the screen. I backed & bound it in that pretty batik & hand quilted it last night. It measures about 9x10”.