Monday, February 7, 2011

Contest Submission

 

I’ve been thinking about joining in on the Quiltstory Block Party (button on the left sidebar) for a few weeks but didn’t finish a block I really liked until I got an idea today.  It’s lying on the backside of a cream quilt just so ya know, my table is too shiny to photograph on.

100_0193

100_0205

I’ve done SO much with this Heather Ross fabric (see post below, lol).  I LOVE the free styling here, the different sashing widths, the way it starts traditional log cabin layout and then rotates, the rectangular block (I’m so over plain squares), our little pal eyeing “Swimmy” in his bag, poor thing!   The block measures 10x12” and the fishy is an applique I printed off a free clip site & altered to be able to cut the fine bits out.  This is SO totally ME!  I shared a couple reject blocks a week or so ago, one also using these fabrics but this is my pick, wish me luck, I’d love to win!  He’s going in the “modern” category.

1 comment:

Quiltstory said...

You have no idea how jealous you are making me with that fabric!! Love what you did! Thanks so much for submitting for the block party, we really had so much fun so THANK YOU!